Friday, August 19, 2011

Loud Thoughts of an Unfaithful Servant




I wonder...
If I defile
Are my tears vile?
For your love so strong
And your mercy throngs
Yet I long question
Your patient hand,
Its likely span
And tary decide
To heavenly side

Almost always...
I plead your mercy
Awing before thee
Wishing a change
Longing courage
To divest time
Time for heavenly climes
To evenly praise
Not set ablaze
Scrolls before perusal

Till date I...
Want the uncapable
Lust the reachable
Yet with scepter's stroke
Struggles are jokes
Embellished with laughter, plagues of laughter
Yes! At the stroke of His scepter
His patience superceeds
And mercy engulfs besotted greed

I know...
That I'm saved
Yet wander and crave
That which was willed
I tilled and toiled and watered desires
Yet unsure to conquer
Doubts mastered by the master
His faith like a righteous preacher
Condemns not before judgment

I've been...
Here and there
Mind juxtaposed
Doubts and desires
His offer and judgment
But like sky of earth
He lords even in my doubtful faith
I behold; He placates


By Jefumare © 2011

1 comment: